Throughout this class I hope to learn about how a platform can be designed so that clients can get the most out of multimedia and interactive learning, and what tools can be used for interactivity.

One example of interactive learning that I experienced was when using Codeacademy. I used this website to gain knowledge of Ruby on Rails which I needed to work a job as a programmer. This had a positive impact on me since it used a balance between teaching a concept, and then having me demonstrate the knowledge that I acquired through coding, filling in the blanks, and quizzes. This technique ensured that I was not only reading the material given, but also understanding it, since you cannot move to the next subject without completing the tasks.

I experienced another example of interactive learning which does not involve digital technology. In class, I was tasked with taking an interactive soundwalk where I had to practice active listening, and take note of the things that I heard throughout the walk. This was an impactful experience because listening interactively to nature sounds is not something that I do often, since it is usually passive or the noise is drowned out by the music in my headphones.

In previous classes, to make presentations more impactful, I have done things such as including pictures to show a visual representation of what is being discussed. I believe that leaving room for questions and discussion is also very important for presentations.